The fires included:
- Peak 2 Fire, near Breckenridge
- Mill Creek Fire, in Routt County
- Gutzler Fire, in Eagle County
- Peekaboo Fire, in Moffat County
- Deer Gulch Fire, in Rio Blanco County
- Wilson Fire, in Rio Blanco County
- East Rim Fire, in Dolores County
Responding to disasters and helping people recover from them doesn’t put a halt to the Department's proactive work preparing Colorado communities and agencies for the next one. The Office of Preparedness participated in two Preventative Radiological Nuclear Detection (PRND) Training & Exercises in June. The first, held June 20-21 in Eagle County aimed to familiarize local responders with the PRND program, demonstrate operational support to a special event/heightened security event and provide a training opportunity for the National Guard's 8th CST. The second, held June 29 in Fort Collins, engaged about 60 participants, including Colorado State University and Wyoming Civil Support Team. Fran Santagata supported both.
The DFPC Training Section continued to deliver potentially life-saving training to local firefighters, including live-fire training using the Division's Mobile Live Fire Training Unit.